23 Nov 2014

Maternity photoshoot



Finally decided on having a professional photoshoot of my pregnant belly!
While we keep track on the progress with weekly 'shadow-pics' (and I don't feel radiant and pretty all the time) I knew it was now or never to have professional pics made.
In this stage of the pregnancy (32 weeks) some people prefer to spend money on 3d-echo pics of their baby, which is almost as expensive, but I my idea is: the baby will be here in just a few weeks, and my bump (with this baby inside) will be gone forgood...

I didn't want to wait for too long. They say the best weeks for a photoshoot is  between week 32-36. The last thing I wanted is to have expensive pics made of me with a huge bump, swollen ankles and face (you just never know...) so I had my pics made at 32 weeks. The bump is prominent enough by now, but the proportions seems still to be in balance.


Above part of one picture which I really like, to give an idea of the atmosphere.
I knew I wanted something different from the traditional 'casual' shoots (mom, dad, jeans, hearts and stuff) and settled on an etheric, fantasy-theme, inspired by Renaissance art (halfway between Botticelli and Michelangelo).
The photographer is a friend of us, and I knew she was good. She mostly does shoots with professional models and uses lots of accessories, make-up and Photoshop.

We used just a few accessories, I made a flower crown myself and there was some flowy fabric, with clean lines, simple white background and a minimum of make-up. I wanted just a slight amount of retouching afterwards, no more than slightly lightening up the pics, removing weird looking shadows and spots.

I must say, the finished pics look just like I wanted! Somehow they look incredibly tender and 'breakable', which is the reason I don't share them online.
A memory for a lifetime, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment