14 Apr 2014

vintage items in our house



If you follow my blog you know we moved recently to our new home. We have a load of old stuff and didn't really bought new things for the new house. I really don't understand why people need to buy new furniture for their new home. I like things we already have and just change one piece every now and then. It is a mix of new and vintage, design and even IKEA.
I thought it would be fun to show our vintage things, some inherited, some bought in second hand shops.

Old pieces in the living room: my grand-grandma's 30's sewing machine and their wedding picture from 1921, my grandma's old bakelite phone, the found sewing box with the sliding lid, the 2nd hand 50's table, another sewing cabinet which my bf inherited, a huge copper washing bin and an old handmade child's sledge:


a vintage, handmade (both handwoven and crocheted) tablecloth from Transylvania:


In the kitchen we have mostly my family pieces, like the old scale, the lamp shade and the bowl. The step is second hand and the old biscuit boxes are from my bf's grandma:

No comments:

Post a Comment